Mission and Purpose
The Cal Assessment Network (CAN) offers the UC community a forum where like-minded colleagues can make connections, find support, receive training and share best practices on the topic of asssessment. Monthly presentations, a list-serve and a session archive provide resources for discussing a broad of topics, including but not limited to:
- How to Write Effective Surveys
- Where to Find the Data You Need
- Creating Data Presentations That Pop!
- Metrics for Data Driven Decision-Making
- Student Services Assessment
Materials from previous sessions are available in the CAN bDrive folder.
Our goal is to create a community of support around the topic of assessment. To achieve this goal, we:
- Hold monthly sessions on a variety of assessment topics suggested by members. Sessions are typically held the first Friday of each month, 10:30-12:00 in 150 University Hall and are followed by a networking lunch at a local restaurant.
- Share resources, reports, event announcements and assessment tips using bDrive.
- Use a list-serve to disseminate information and ask questions. To subscribe, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. You do not need to type in a subject or a message or worry about your signature text.
For a summary of past activities, read the year-end report (in "catchy 1-pager" format!).
Jennifer Chizuk, Director of Staff Learning and Development