Mission and Purpose
The Campus User-Centered Design (UCD) Group is a community of practitioners dedicated to improving the usefulness, usability, and user experience of campus projects by teaching, training and providing expertise about user-centered design. User-centered design is a design philosophy and a process in which the needs, wants, and limitations of the users of a product are given attention at each stage of the design process. It is an important complement to the practice of business analysis.
We provide these opportunities through:
- Website & application reviews
- Seminars & guest speakers on UCD
- Mailing list for discussion of UCD-related issues
- Resources and best practices posted on our wiki
To find out more about our meeting times and activities, please visit our Group Page.
- To raise awareness of how user-centered design can help increase user satisfaction, productivity and adoption while decreasing development, support and training costs.
- To provide access to materials and opportunities to help community members build their knowledge and skills in the area of user-centered design.
- To provide campus project teams with feedback on the usability and usefulness of their websites and applications.
Director of Staff Learning and Development