Mission and Purpose
The Alianza Staff Association, a Chican@/Latin@ staff organization at the University of California, Berkeley invites you to become a member actively engaged in our campus community for purposes of contributing to innovative change.
Alianza is dedicated to enhancing professional opportunities, increasing awareness and active participation in campus priority issues, and providing a supportive network with an emphasis on Chican@/Latin@ staff members. You are invited to attend our monthly meetings, become involved in specific projects, or attend our social events to see comunidad en acción and enhance your campus network.
The following Alianza goals serve as a framework for projects and initiatives that are the core mission of our organization. We welcome your interest and questions and encourage you to connect with us for additional information.
- Maintain a communication network for Chican@/Latin@ staff to promote a respectful and united community to help empower staff at all levels
- Provide access to programs that enhance skill development, job information, mentoring, and employment advancement for staff
- Promote supportive systems and programs that enhances educational and professional opportunities
- Act as an educational resource on Chicano/Latino issues relating to campus policies, employment, and academic concerns
- Sponsor at least two cultural events annually
Alianza General Meetings are usually held during the noon hour on the 3rd Tuesday of each month (typically in 554 Barrows). Reminders and location updates are sent out in the monthly newsletter, so sign-up for our listserve contacting the Communications Chair or either Co-chair. Meeting dates for 2016 are:
- March 15
- April 26
- May 17
- June 21
- July 19
- August 16
- September 20
- October 18
- November 15
- December 20
We look forward to having you join us!
Sidalia Reel, Director of Staff Diversity Initiatives
Felicia Torrez, Communications Chair