Mission and Purpose
The Cal Assessment Network (CAN) offers the UC community a forum where like-minded colleagues can make connections, find support, receive training and share best practices on the topic of asssessment. Monthly presentations, a list-serve and a session archive provide resources for discussing a broad of topics, including but not limited to:
- How to Write Effective Surveys
- Where to Find the Data You Need
- Creating Data Presentations That Pop!
- Metrics for Data Driven Decision-Making
- Student Services Assessment
- Learning Outcomes Assessment
- Strategic Plan Evaluation
- Academic Program Reviews
- Organizational Effectiveness
Materials from previous sessions are available in the CAN bDrive folder.
Our goal is to create a community of support around the topic of assessment. To achieve this goal, we:
- Hold monthly sessions on a variety of assessment topics suggested by members.
- Sessions are typically held the first Friday of each month, 10-11:30am in 150 University Hall and are followed by a networking lunch at a local restaurant. During the pandemic, sessions have been moved online using Zoom and the lunches have been paused.
- Share resources, reports, event announcements and assessment tips using bDrive.
- Use a list-serve to disseminate information and ask questions. To subscribe, search Google Groups by "Cal Assessment Network" or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAN is open to any UC Berkeley staff member with an interest in assessment and evaluation. Email email@example.com be added to our listserv, events calendar, or both.
Lasana Hotep, Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging