Mission and Purpose
Berkeley HEROES name is an acronym for: Higher Education Reading Organization for Employees and Sidekicks, created in January 2015 by employees of UC Berkeley. The mission of Berkeley HEROES is to promote literacy, storytelling, and the value of pop culture/modern mythology through the medium of graphic and comic arts.
- Provide a networking opportunity for UC Berkeley employees (and personal affiliates of UC Berkeley employees) who share an interest in the medium of comic books and graphic novels.
- Provide a space for open discussion about monthly graphic novel selections and related pop culture.
- Promote awareness and appreciation of graphic arts and American pop culture through community service and events to the larger UC Berkeley campus and local community.
- Space will be reserved each third Wednesday of the month, 6:30pm to 8:00pm via Zoom or Google Meet.
- Due to popular demand, we are now meeting on campus every third Friday of the month from 12pm to 1:30pm via Zoom or Google Meet.
- Contact Kim McPhee or Nathan Clark to be added to the listserve, which will automatically populate our meetings onto your calendar.