Mission and Purpose
- To serve veterans at UC Berkeley and the surrounding communities
- To serve the campus by acting as a bridge to the military and veterans community
- Recruiting initiatives in the military and veterans community
- Outreach projects targeted to the local veterans community
- Participating in/sponsoring campus service projects, such as cleanup efforts
- Mentoring of new or potential veterans in the campus community
- Work in tandem with other local veterans organizations, while being careful not to duplicate service efforts
Cal Veterans Reception
Thursday, November 9, 2017 from 2:30-3:30 pm in Room150 University Hall
To recognize and thank our veterans who work on campus, Central Human Resources will host a reception for Cal Veterans on Thursday, November 9, 2:30-3:30 pm in room 150 University Hall. The event will feature Vice Chancellor for Administration Marc Fisher, veteran and faculty member Dr. Kurt Beyer (Lester Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Haas School of Business), and representatives from Campus Shared Services Recruiting. The reception will provide an opportunity to network with other veterans, get information about job opportunities on campus, and connect with the newly re-established Cal Employee Veterans Organization.
The event is open to faculty and academic employees, staff, and students.
Space is limited so please RSVP BY NOV 6, 2017:
Hosted by Central Human Resources with Staff Diversity Initiatives and Campus Shared Services Recruiting
Sidalia Reel, Director of Staff Diversity Initiatives