Mission and Purpose
The Alianza Staff Association is committed to community building, professional development and promotion of Chicanx/Latinx staff at UC Berkeley!
- Maintain communication among Chicanx/Latinx staff to promote a united community and help empower staff at all levels
- Provide staff access to programs that enhance skill development, job information, mentoring, and employment advancement
- Promote systems and programs that enhances educational and professional opportunities
- Act as a resource on Chicanx/Latinx issues relating to campus policies, employment, and academic concerns
You are invited to attend our monthly meetings, held between 12pm—1pm on the 3rd Tuesday of every month in 554 Barrows Hall. Meeting dates are:
- April 17
- May 15
- June 19
- July 17
- August 21
- September 18
- October 16 (Location Change: 242 Cesar Chavez)
- November 20- Meeting Canceled
- December 18- Holiday Potluck!
- January 15
- February 19
- March 19
- April 16
- May 21
- June 18
- July 16
- August 20
Join the the Alianza Staff Organization for a holiday potluck! If you are interested in bringing something, sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gctH9fe2mkjl_6MVWjWbE40zRzm0NrjP...
Get More Involved
Interested in getting more involved? Join one of our four subcommittees: 1) Events, 2) Advocacy, 3) Professional Development, and 4) Communication. Sign up here.
Help us highlight the Latinx community at Berkeley! Share recent Latinx staff accomplishments (such as an award or promotion) with us and we will share it in our newsletter: http://bit.ly/latinxhighlights
Sidalia Reel, Director of Staff Diversity Initiatives