Mission and Purpose
The University of California, Berkeley, Black Staff and Faculty Organization (BSFO) was developed in 1979 to address the issues and concerns unique to employees at the University of California, Berkeley. The mission of BSFO is to create a climate which is conducive to the well-being and professional development aspirations of Black staff, faculty and students.
- Strengthen relationships among Black staff, faculty and students as well as campus community and local community.
- Encourage the recruitment and retention of Black staff, faculty and students.
- Enhance staff advancement and career development opportunities.
- Develop supportive systems and programs that enhance the educational, social and professional opportunities for Black staff, faculty and students.
- Establish an internal communication network among faculty, staff and students (e.g., calendar, newsletter, etc.).
- Coordinate activities to facilitate Black staff, faculty and student interaction (e.g., organization socials).
- Publicize relevant research and publications concerning the status of Black employees.
- Generate financial resources to sustain the activities of the organization.
Director of Staff Diversity Initiatives