Mission and Purpose
The Staff Alliance for Disability Access (SADA) is a collaborative and supportive campus staff organization that addresses the needs of UC Berkeley staff members with disabilities. "Disabilities" may refer to any combination of physical, psychological, learning, and medical disabilities.
SADA's overall goals include:
- Promoting a safe, accepting, and welcoming environment on campus for staff with disabilities.
- Advocating for the recruitment, hiring, retention, and promotion of staff members with disabilities.
- Supporting current disabled staff members as they endeavor to pursue their personal well-being and professional progress on campus
- Supporting current staff members who wish to pursue on-the-job accommodations, and assisting them in developing strategies essential to their personal wellbeing and professional progress on campus
- Recognizing the key roles of our allies in other campus staff organizations, and acting with them in the service of greater campus equity, inclusion, and diversity.
In 2019 SADA project goals include:
- Facilitate two "UC Berkeley Employment Open House for Job Seekers with Disabilities" events where the community of the disabled at large can come and apply for jobs here on campus.
- Facilitate two "University of California Convention for Disabled Access (UCCDA)" events where UC System-wide Representatives can meet and discuss the issues concerning the UC campuses Community of the Disabled.
- Administrating the accommodation toolkit for current staff.
- Facilitate two UCB Campus presentations for Students, Faculty, and Staff.
- A Marketing Drive with multiple staff events for participation.
SADA meets every three 3 weeks on Wednesday (per availability) at 12 PM in various locations on campus. To be sure that our meetings are accessible to everyone, we will be streaming them on ZOOM. Please feel free to join us by clicking on the SADA ZOOM meeting link below:
SADA ZOOM MEETING LINK For Phone Only dial in please call +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) meeting ID 535-149-9536
Lasana Hotep, Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
SADA Community Services
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s Accommodation Best Practices
This document clarifies the rights and responsibilities of employers and individuals with disabilities regarding reasonable accommodations.
Document URL: https://www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/accommodation.html
Staff OMSBUDS OFFICE: https://staffombuds.berkeley.edu/ to schedule an appointment, please contact us at (510) 642-7823.
The Staff Ombuds Office is an independent department that provides strictly confidential, impartial and informal conflict resolution and problem-solving services for all Staff, Non-Senate Academics, and Faculty who perform management functions. See the Services page for more information, or download a flyer.
Workplace Accommodations | For questions about workplace accommodations or the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and related legislation, please go to: Job Accommodation Network https://askjan.org/
Faculty/Staff Disability Management | For consultative services to faculty and staff with respect to disability issues impacting work, please go to, Faculty/Staff Disability Management: https://uhs.berkeley.edu/bewellatwork/disability-management
Technology is always around us. From smart devices to social media platforms, most of us are constantly digitally connected. While our ever-changing technology definitely has its benefits, there are also risks. This semester, Be Well at Work can help you find a tech/life balance. You can learn about the potential risks of technology, healthy technology habits, and ways to reconnect with others and yourself. Learn more on the Balancing Technology webpage.
UC Berkeley Recreational Sports is proud to offer memberships for students, community members and faculty and staff that will grant you access to 13 of our facilities. Included in your membership is free classes and open fitness opportunities M-F 6am-12midnight Sat-Sun 8am-11pm. We also offer a number of programs specifically designed for members with disabilities including goalball, CalSTAR yoga and the use of our adaptive equipment. If you are/ or have a disability and are interested in joining as a community member, you may qualify for our CalSTAR membership at a huge discount.
Rec Sports general website: https://recsports.berkeley.edu/
Inclusive Rec website: https://recsports.berkeley.edu/inclusiverec/
Membership Information: https://recsports.berkeley.edu/membership-types/
Please feel free to reach out to UC Berkeley Inclusive Rec Coordinator, Torre Meeks with any additional questions: 510-643-3080 | firstname.lastname@example.org